The fall term is almost over and I’ve definitely binge watched more shows than I should have. These four shows have made me feel a plethora of emotions, from love, to sadness, and to happiness. These shows will pull you in with great characters, plot twists, acting, writing and musical soundtrack. I highly recommend you give them a shot!
The Royals (E!)
Based on a fictional British royal family, The Royals is filled with love triangles, lust, murder and crazy parties. On this show power is absolutely everything and some will do anything to keep, or get it back. Princess Eleanor and her bodyguard Jasper have a steamy on-and-off thing going on which makes them the fans #1 ship. I must admit, I’ve got a total weak spot for the kind Prince Liam played by the handsome William Moseley. On top of all the character drama, this show has perfect songs for each scene, you can even follow their multiple playlists on Spotify. They recently finished filming season four so hopefully they’ll be back on T.V. soon!
Chicago Med (NBC)
This is the third show in the Chicago series and it does not disappoint. As a huge fan of medical shows, I was so glad to get into Chicago Med. It stars Nick Gehlfuss as William Halstead, a devoted and attractive doctor, and Pretty Little Liars’ Torrey DeVitto as Natalie Manning, a pediatric and emergency med doctor who is passionate about saving her patients. Set in a Chicago emergency department, this fast-paced drama is perfect for those who love medical shows, a good love story and non-stop action.
This Is Us (NBC)
This heart-wrenching drama is not for those who don’t like to cry. Every episode of This Is Us is thoughtfully well-written to intersect the lives of Pearson family from the past to the present. The actors do a terrific job of making these stories come alive. Anyone who watches this show will feel every bit of emotion that the characters feel, making it an emotional roller-coaster.
The Good Doctor (ABC)
Starring the adorably talented Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor is a brand-new medical show about Shaun Murphy a young surgeon who has autism and savant syndrome. He moves to San Jose for his surgical residency which some of the hospital staffs aren’t happy about. However, Dr. Murphy continues to prove that he belongs at the hospital as a surgeon regardless of his autism.
If you have any recommendations for a show that I should watch next let me know!
1. The Originals (CW): if you like vampires/supernatural shows you should definitely watch it! TO is way better than The Vampire Diaries since it doesn’t have the whole High School clichés. The writing and music are both so good and the actors do a great job with their characters (plus they’re so nice to look at)
2. GirlBoss (Netflix): Finally, another show with Britt Robertson! She’s so talented and does a great job portraying NastyGal’s founder Sophia Amoruso. Her character is very different than other female characters on tv. Sophia is unapologetically herself and I found it inspiring, even though she’s a bit of a garbage person.
3. The Flash (CW): This is my most recent binge-watch victim and I’m so glad I started watching it again. The plot gets more intense with every season and Grant Gustin does a great job playing the super-cute superhero. The characters are so fun to watch and I love seeing what kind of superpower the metahumans on the show will have. Even if you don’t read comic books or know much about that world, The Flash is still a great show to watch.
4. Jane the Virgin (CW): If you like romance, comedy, telenovelas and mystery then you should watch this show. Jane the Virgin has everything in it and it’s so addicting to watch. Gina Rodriguez is such a talented actress and does a fabulous job playing Jane. I’m not gonna lie though, they did lose me during a few episodes but (Spoilers ahead) now that Jane is back in the dating game I’m very intrigued to see who she’s going to date…and hopefully he’s h o t. Also, (more spoilers) who the hell killed Scott?? I mean he was a dick but I have no idea who the murderer is, Rose would be way too easy right?
5. Supergirl (CW): Yep, another CW show. What can I say? They produce some good TV. I love Kara, she’s such a cute yet very strong character and her sister Alex (played by Lexi Grey -Rip- from Grey’s Anatomy) creates a great support system for Kara. One of my favourite new characters must be Mon-El, he’s cute and learns to be a better person with Kara’s help. You’ll recognize Mon-El from when the actor played Kai on The Vampire Diaries (the evil gemini witch). The dynamic of the show is well done and the music is also pretty good. But I have to say, one of my favourite things are when Supergirl and The Flash have crossovers, Barry and Kara are adorable friends.
Overall, I highly suggest that you watch at least one of these shows and get transported to another world to experience stories of the character’s lives. But, if you don’t want to fall in love with fictional characters then I understand. However, if you love being in a fictional world then definitely give these shows a chance!